Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eagle Eye Review (Ending is Spoiled)

So I finally got around to watching Eagle Eye last night. Afterwards, I was very happy I didn't spend $9 to see this movie. When watching the trailer the movie actually looked good. That is until I realized all the good parts of the movie were in the trailer.

This movie had potential to be good. A government conspiracy can all always lead up to interesting plot lines. That is until you mix the story with an evil computer trying to take over the government. How many times has the plot line be done? Seriously! The whole movie died for me when they introduced the computer and you realized that it was trying to take over. Not to mention the tremendous amount of errors in the movie. Between people surviving trips in unpressurized airplanes and cell phones in the pentagon the movie just lost all credibility for me. Besides the bad plot line The movie was filled with car crash after car crash. It was though the director was in a rush to see how fast he could fly through the budget.

There was not much saving grace for the movie, although I do have to say that once the stupid computer died the ending was actually pretty good. The majority of the movie dragged through an unrealistic world with a government gone haywire, but the last 10 minutes were ok.

True I was stuck inside due to the snow storm outside, but I would have rather watched Meet the Robinsons if I wanted to see an evil computer take over.

No comments: